The Blue Lake Rancheria’s foremost priority is education. Education is the path to wide-ranging perspective. It creates economic opportunity and fosters tolerance and understanding of others.
The Tribe’s commitment to improving education is evident in its long-standing record of development and support of educational programs.
- Eighth Grade Scholarship | High School Graduation Guarantee.
- At the 8th Grade graduation ceremony, the Blue Lake Rancheria gives every eighth grader in the Blue Lake Union School District a $500 Scholarship Certificate.
- The certificate is redeemable upon graduation from high school, by presenting the program director with a high school diploma.
- This incredibly successful and fun program provides sustained motivation to complete high school education.
- Children from all over Humboldt County are seeking to attend Blue Lake Union School District in order to participate in the program.
- Dozens of scholarships awarded to successful high school graduates – Congratulations!
- Annual Funding Donations to Blue Lake Union School District.
- Underwriting of Multiple Honorary Scholarships
- Named after Blue Lake Union School District Educators
- Jones Scholarship - 3 @ $1000 each
- Levett Scholarship - 3 @ $1000 each
- Roussou Scholarship - 1 @ $20,000
- Alice's Restaurant Culinary Scholarship - 1 @ $20,000
- Funding and program design partnership with the California State University system and Humboldt State University to increase Native American enrollment in higher education across the state.
- MainBrain Interactive:
- Provides parents and teachers with standards-based content designed to inspire students to make healthy life choices.
- K-12 lessons follow the National Health Education Standards and Assessment Framework.
- Lessons are customizable and provide teachers with comprehensive, modern coursework and supplemental curricula in English | Spanish.
- To Apply For Blue Lake Rancheria Educational Scholarships, please fill out: BLR Scholarship Application and return to: Blue Lake Rancheria Tribe, Attn: Scholarship Committee, 428 Chartin Road, Blue Lake, CA 95525
Fostering excellence in education and opportunity takes combined talent and hard work. The Blue Lake Rancheria has supported, contributed to and/or partnered with the following organizations and many others in a joint effort to provide stellar learning environments for children.
Alliance of California Tribes
City of Eureka Recreation